Sunday, February 20, 2005

Coincidence?

Hey all,

Well excitement of excitement (not really but whatever), I have recently noticed a change afoot in the kiosk at my subway station (see previous post "Sexism in the City" if you missed the initial rant and care for the background). While it used to be approx 45% men's mags with naked women on the cover, 25% women's mags with naked women on the cover, %25 entertainment trash (Brad cheated on Jen! Kirstie Alley too fat for sex! Nick's been kicked out - Jessica in tears! - this is a whole other rant on the wasteland of entertainment "news" that I will come back to another day) and 5% other, there has been a bit of a shift lately. It seems more recently that one or two of the naked women mags have given way to some general interest mags. They've actually been displaying a Chatelaine magazine with Easter eggs on the cover for at least a week now. Feel free to insert a clever Freudian remark about eggs and women's reproductive value and how it ain't that different from naked women if you so choose, but I myself do not care so much for Freud and so I am celebrating a bit of welcomed variety. Has the kiosk owner perhaps been reading my blog? Or noticing the scathing look I give the kiosk every time I pass it? Or is it all just a coincidence? Just one of the many mysteries of life. Either way, I'll take it!

No comments: