Sunday, November 19, 2006

God bless the baby swing

Ben has been crying. And by crying I mean screaming. And by screaming I mean splitting my skull open with a rusty saw. We got back to Toronto on Friday and for 24 hours, Ben did not stop fussing. Sometimes you could circumvent the full-on melt down with the soother but not always. Sometimes he would scream while he was eating, while he was burping, while he was pooping. I bet you didn't know a baby could scream and eat at the same time but they can. It's a miracle of nature.

Often the baby swing works, which is such a blessing. We call the baby swing "stage one intervention" and baby swing plus soother "stage two intervention." When stage two intervention fails, look out, cause if that doesn't work, nothing will. When it didn't work yesterday, I just cried and cried. Mark took the baby - Mark has not cried since the baby was born, he is amazing - and I felt like an idiot for not being able to hack it. People tell me this will get easier and pre-hospital it felt like it was for a little bit. But this just feels like that first hellish week. I'm crossing my fingers Ben will settle back into his routine. Say a prayer for me, people.

No comments: