Thursday, April 13, 2006

Our jumping baby!



Behold our ultrasound photos! Not really much to look at - it was much cooler on the screen where she could show us all the parts. Overall it was an awesome experience. I thought the baby would have little t-rex arms but it had real, long arms with elbows and fingers and the whole shebang. The baby also moved around a lot, arching its back and even mooning us! So far so good - all the parts are where they should be. The test was to detect down syndrome and of course the tech won't tell you that kind of stuff so we'll find out at my doc's on Tuesday but frankly, all I cared about was seeing that it was still in there and moving. The tech had me cough and jiggled her sensor against my belly to make it move - it's pretty crazy that the baby can be stimulated to respond, like a real person already! Anyway, very cool.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

Yay, baby! All cute and foetus-y, like a little fuzzy black and white jelly bean.