Monday, January 30, 2006

Resolutions, schmesolutions

So I lasted three weeks with my news resolutions and I broke them both at once when I 1) did not blog for the last 10 days and 2) bought 3 pregnancy related magazines in the last 10 days. *sigh* The last 10 days have not been very good. I have been tracking my cycle in preparation for pregnancy attempts (whenever those start - another blog, another blog) and I did not ovulate this month. I am convinced this is because I am a shmoo who has turned her body into a toxic environment through a combination of bad eating and sheer body hatred. My husband, my therapist, and my dear friend Jennie have all tried to convince me that this is not the case and that I will, in fact, be able to get pregnant but I don't know. Anyway, I have been in a severe funk, hence no blogging

On a much funnier note, last night I forced Mark to watch "Legends of the Fall" and we now have a new game of "Who is Tristan" (Brad Pitt in the movie - gorgeous, passionate but mad, mad, mad). So far Mark has points because he is 1) male 2) has had sex with women 3) has fired a gun in a hunting context 4) can work up really good B.O. and 5) has ridden a horse that wasn't a pony tied to a merry-go-round at the Western Fair. I have points because I have 1) long hair 2) have had at least one full on nervous breakdown 3) am a middle child 4) have held a heart in my hands (well it was a cow heart but still) and 5) have given a protective bracelet to a female as a gift. We both get points for being blond and blue-eyed. Buddy also gets some points because he is 1) male 2) blond 3) has had the blood of a wild animal on his face before 4) dreams of running wild with the moon and 5) women love him. All in all it's a pretty tight race! The winner gets to put a Post-it that says "so-and-so is Tristan" on the tv. GAME ON!

No comments: