Friday, January 13, 2006

Too tired to rant

A friend of mine recently sent me this ad.




And it's horrible for so many reasons (does anyone still buy these old stereotypes - that women withhold sex for money/commitment/to be bitchy; and the remote control thing "duh, if only I could get my woman to give me sex as easy as I can turn on the tv, huh huh!" Yeah, that's who I'm going to marry, the guy who thinks this ad is funny!) and why on earth would anyone think that this is the kind of ad that would be successful given that these days women are usually involved in the ring buying, if not picking it themselves outright. It's just gross, gross gross. Unfortunately, it's Friday and my brain is fried, fried, fried, so instead of an intelligent deconstruction and critical analysis of this ad, I've decided to post cute pictures of Mr. Fezziwig:






Look how small he is! He's literally the same size as the video tapes! He belongs to the guy who runs the page where I get my soap spoilers. There are more pictures of this little cutie at http://community.webshots.com/album/527573557flAMAe. I think he's a Cairn Terrier. Seriously, cutest dog EVER!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That ad looks to me like the accepted view of sex held by the catholic church. Better take it up with Jesus!