Tuesday, August 08, 2006

One step closer


So Mark and I went shopping this weekend and I finally got to buy something for the baby!! Those of you who have heard my constant whining will know that I've been waiting since before the pregnancy test came back positive to buy things for the baby. In fact, I had a secret drawer full of baby toys for the last year that only my sister Kelly knew about until very recently. But mostly I have only bought a few onesies and a mini-mobile. So this weekend we bought real things for the baby. We got this beautiful crib and an awesome swing for the baby, both second hand. We are feeling very good about our awesome second-hand savvy. We were all set to buy everything brand new but honestly, some of it, there's just no point. It reminds me a lot of our wedding - things are overpriced just because people are spending emotionally.

Anyway, it took the entire long weekend to change my messy, dirty, cluttered office into the baby's room. There's still a few things in there to go and a few things to add but the basic shape of the room is there, which is very exciting. I even got to take some of the toys out of the drawer and put them on the bookshelf. Honestly, it was all I could do not to run out and buy everything we need for the baby RIGHT AWAY, it just felt so good to do some actual baby planning. Plus, we got stacks and stacks of old papers out of the corners and into the recycling bin - Mark is excited to actually see the floor in that room for the first time in over a year. I feel a little more wary of where all the new papers will go now that I've lost my study... :)

No comments: