Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Oh my aching ... something in my lower abdomen

So the baby has recently turned (yeah!). This is great news as it means that another obstacle to vaginal birth is out of the way (the first being the potential placenta previa). The only downside is that since turning, the baby has lodged himself against some organ or tissue or something in my lower abdomen and I now have stabbing pain when I roll over, stand, or walk. So if I sit or lay perfectly still, I'm okay but basically anything more than that and it HURTS! To date, the pregnancy has gone pretty smoothly so I really can't complain but I'm hoping the baby just shifts his weight or something because it really sucks. Plus Buddy is getting crappy walks because I can only shuffle along at the speed of a racing turtle. And I feel extra bad about this because Buddy is currently suffering from some allergies and spends his whole day itching and being miserable. Poor little guy.

The other baby development is that I found out today that I am "measuring large" and have to go in for an ultrasound to find out how big the baby actually is. This frightens me more than a little. Labour is scary enough imagining a 7 pound baby, never mind a 10 pound baby. But it makes me extra glad I didn't spend much money on newborn clothing. But hopefully the ultrasound will show a little wee baby that will slide through the birth canal just fine. I have to say though, I'm getting more than a little nervous about the whole labour thing. I mean, have you looked at how small a 10 cm opening is? I have a hard time imagining a baby, even a little small one fitting through a 10 cm opening. It's just not very big. Not very big at all...

No comments: