Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!



It's Valentine's Day! Yeah! I love Valentine's Day, mostly because I love all the cute heart-shaped things involved with Valentine's. I always had pretty good Valentine's experiences growing up, you know the kind of thing where the whole class gave everyone Valentines and you got to make a little envelope to hold them all and decorate it with glitter. Some of my friends gave character valentines like My Little Pony or Barbie but I liked the old school ones that we would get at Woolco or the Big V. They would come in a big book and you'd cut them out one by one. The cute ones I would give to my best friends and the lame ones I would give to people I didn't like (I know, mean girl *lol*). I used to spend forever carefully deliberating who should get which one. And in the end they were all kind of lame and usually made no sense. Like that raccoon - "You'll be mine when you see the sign." And then there's a little miles sign beside him. What? Is that the sign? Or is it a more mystic kind of sign? And why is he a hobo? And a "Ra-coon" instead of a raccoon? But he's so cute - I love it! Public school valentines, man. That's the good shit.

These days, Mark and I get each other cool looking valentines from high-end card shops. I swear, I could buy a thousand of them. I just love looking at them. And all the cute stuff there is to buy right now! But Mark and I decided to keep things in check this year and have a $40 spending limit. Since Mark directly requested a $40 comic book (so romantic, I know), I also made him some of my super yummy sugar cookies. But this year I fancied them up with red sprinkles and white chocolate. I must say I'm rather pleased with how they turned out!

1 comment:

Gillian said...

Woolco and Big V - classic!