Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Rabbit holes and coloured pills - wtf with feminism?

Okay, here is the problem with feminism and feminist psychology. They're depressing as hell. It's no wonder feminists get a bad rap. They're either fucking with a power system that others are benefiting from or they're offering the oppressed and downtrodden bleak world views. Don't get me wrong. I'm a feminist. I think I'm far enough down the pathway that there's no turning back. I mean, you can't unknow what you know. Once you've opened your eyes, closing them again doesn't mean you didn't see what you saw. It's just every now and then, I miss my old way of living in the world. It was a nice, peaceful, ignorantly entitled way of viewing things. Sort of the like the Matrix, with the whole red pill/blue pill thing or whatever it was. I sometimes feel like I picked the wrong pill.

But, be that as it may, feminism is rarely boring. And it does give me some place to direct all my irritation at modern society. And it dovetails nicely with lots of other political issues. But it sucks the joy out of things. Bleak, bleak, bleak.

Ah, the joys of the dissertation process. I think it's starting to get to me.... lol

No comments: