Saturday, January 06, 2007

New year, same vices

So happy new year blog people! I'm totally vibing on 2007 because 2, 5, and 7 are my favourite numbers and it has 2 of them and since I won't do much better than this until 2025, 2027, or if I'm really lucky, 2057, I'm going to take it! Huzzah! Mark and I had a very exciting new year's eve in which he went to bed at 10:15 and I just coming in from peeing Buddy when I heard the shouting outside and guessed it must be midnight. However, we did (wait for it) order pizza, so it wasn't all a bust.

I'm usually all about resolutions this time of year. I love the fresh start of January. I like to get all of my Christmas decorations away by January 2 and feel the newness of the year, the blank slate. Cheezy, I know, but I dig it. This year, however, time has lost all meaning and I'm not quite getting my fresh start feelings. Which might explain why I've been on a bit of a spending binge. Not huge. But I bought a couple of cd's for Ben (Sharon Lois and Bram), yet another book on infant sleep despite the fact that the last 5 I've bought haven't enabled me to make Ben sleep through the night, new baby gear, and I've even put in a ridiculously high bid on one of my favourite childhood toys on ebay. Oh, and I'm trying to pick out which video editing software I want to buy.

Now in fairness to me, some of these things were purchased with gift certificates but still, it's not good. I am, to say the least, a self-soothing shopper and this latest jag is all a by-product of the adjustment to my new life as a parent. But dear lord. I's just not good. Not good at all. But I do really really want that toy. I'll find out tomorrow if my bid has stood up or not. It would probably be best if it didn't but oh I hope it did!

No comments: