Thursday, December 22, 2005

Why would you do this to me? Why?


I saw this picture at Dooce.com today (if you don't read Heather Armstrong's blog, you really should. Especially if you have ever been depressed and/or have or want to have children. Go there. Immediately. www. dooce.com. Well, maybe finish reading my blog first) and I had to post it. This is her two year old daughter, Leta, on Santa's knee. I just frickin love it.

Both Eaton Centre and Yorkdale Mall have a day when you can bring your pet for a picture with Santa. And I mean, come on, how cute would Buddy be with Santa. Our sweet little man is so photogenic! But given that Buddy is startled by plastic bags that blow in the wind and pieces of cardboard that slide off piles of snow at a slightly downward trajectory, I'm not sure he could handle it. Not to mention the fact that Buddy gets very excited when we go new places. Think junior kindergartner who just ate 25 pixie sticks kind of excited. The mall, with all the people, colours, smells and movement would probably flip him right out. On top of that, I don't think even a calm Buddy would let me sit him with a stranger and then walk away. That would create the doggy version of Leta's reaction. Ah well, I guess we'll just have to try for another year of the Santa hat!





Merry Christmas!

No comments: