Saturday, March 26, 2005

More tales from the couch

So, I am once again hunting for a new therapist after parting ways with my current therapist earlier this week. She just never really warmed up. Plus she managed to create a vibe like I was kind of intruding on her life rather than creating a nice therapeutic space. Her half-read personal books stacked up beside the chair, her too loud classical music playing in the background. The fact that at least 5 minutes of every 50 minute session I was paying for was spent making tea for herself. Not to mention that on her bookshelf were hundreds of books, not one of which was even remotely related to psychology.

When I told her I didn't think we were a very good fit, she seemed quite unconcerned, which in itself isn't a big deal. I actually prefer it that way because it's always a very awkward conversation when you are essentially firing someone. But still, she didn't offer me referrals (which ethically she probably should have) or inquire after my concerns. I don't know.

No comments: