Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Healthy heart


Well, as you may remember, when Ben was in the hospital in November they found a heart murmur. While murmurs are pretty common in babies, they told us to follow-up around 4 months just to make sure it resolved. So yesterday was our appointment and Ben and I went off to the cardiologist and it's gone! Yeah! We're still waiting for the test results from one of the three tests they did to be 100% sure but everything looked good on the ultrasound and the doctor couldn't hear the murmur and assured me that Ben was A-OK.

At Ben's ultrasound in November, I had been very sleep deprived, very emotional, and very worried about Ben so I cried the whole way through. At this one, I was pretty sure he was okay - he's so healthy looking and thriving - so I wasn't nearly so upset. I watched a bit of the ultrasound and it brought me back to that first ultrasound when I was 7 weeks pregnant and all we could see was a tiny grey blob with a flickering centre - his tiny little beating heart. Amazing to think that was just over a year ago. In fact it was in February that we found out we were pregnant. My how things can change in a year!

BTW, I love this picture - his little hands are flying so fast they're a blur!

No comments: